The shift toward more digital and remote work is placing increasing demands on security professionals to support the deployment of secure IT infrastructures and applications. However, IT leaders identify cybersecurity as the most challenging domain for finding qualified talent, as reported in the 2020 Global Knowledge IT Skills and Salary Report.
This skills gap illustrates potential security challenges facing organizations of all types and sizes around the world.
Because cybersecurity professionals are in short supply, the time has never been more pressing for IT professionals to develop security skills to address critical cybersecurity projects in their organizations.
AWS Training and Certification offers over 40 courses, self-paced labs, an AWS Certified Security – Specialty certification, and other resources to raise everyone’s security competence in IT and security departments. These training offerings are designed for a broad range of learners, such as DevOps engineers, cloud architects, solutions architects, developers, compliance personnel, auditors, IT business analysts, or existing security engineers looking to improve their knowledge. Here are a few ways for the above-mentioned professionals to build their security skills:
- Start by surveying our AWS Training and Certification security training offerings and discover the benefits of security training and certification.
- Explore how security training from AWS can help you pursue your biggest cloud goals by downloading this e-book.
- Use our Ramp-Up Guide for a comprehensive roadmap of AWS learning resources to build your security skills.
- Leverage the experiences of other companies. Marc Müller, head of data at VNR, a German publishing house, recently presented at the AWS re:Invent conference. He shared practical strategies for building a common set of cloud security skills and vocabulary to foster better collaboration between teams. Watch his 5-minute video presentation (requires a free AWS re:Invent account).
- Get tips to study for the AWS Certified Security – Specialty certification.
The shortage of cybersecurity skills presents IT professionals an opportunity to demonstrate leadership by developing new skills to execute critical security projects. A broad range of IT professionals can develop or enhance their security skills with the resources described above to address this skills gap.